Goose Day 1 - Tuesday 25 NOV

So I roll in the lane coming home from work and I see a single goose sentinel on the pond.  I park the truck and see 5 more in the water.  I text Kathy.  She will not be home for an hour.

I busy myself getting the gear ready (3 shot maximum and steel shot).  She finally arrives and we look, but it appears the geese are gone.  We walk over anyway.  We crest the N end and see 6 on the water.  We drop down and walk down the lane - hidden from view.  We pop up over the W end and they take off.

Kathy drops the first one, the lead goose, with one shot.  I shoot into the group of four behind and nothing falls.  I shoot again and drop one on the grass.  Kathy's goose, of course, is in the water.

The rest fly toward Dad's and then circle.  Kathy gets one more shot albeit a long one.  No more geese.

Kathy walks back to the house and gets the Gator and a rope to fish her goose out of the water.

We cleaned them, soaked them, and froze them for eating later.  They were very large and very tough to skin.

These, by the way, are the first geese we've seen since May!  Don't know where they've all gone, but it's not here.


Kathy's first goose kill - ever.
Still in her "work" clothes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks