Deer Day 16 - Monday 24 NOV

Sunday was a complete bust.  Rain all day.  Not just any ole rain.  Hard, nasty, cold stuff.  We got close to 3 inches.  No one went out to hunt - at least in our family.

Monday = no rain.  Instead we had 50 mph winds!  Let's go hunting in that, said no one ever.


But that's exactly what we did.  Kathy, Alex and I met RePhil at the course about 4 pm.  Kathy took Hole 15 because it's out of the wind.  RePhil walked over to Jenkins and Alex took overwatch on Hole 5 again.  I sat at the bottom of 17, walked up to 16, and then back down to 17.

The plan was for RePhil to pick up Kathy at 5:30 and they both walk out toward Alex and me.  They pushed off two doe that promptly ran by the N side of the pond at Mach 1.7 and at 300 yards - they were on their way to the still standing corn NW of the course.  Kathy and RePhil are bad dogs and they got no treats.

I guess I'm fortunate though.  I was out of the wind, got to see two deer (no one else even saw a deer), and was out hunting.  Life is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks