Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

First, you need to read the post immediately before this one to understand why I had to take my Winchester SX4 shotgun apart - all the way apart - specifically the trigger assembly.

Second, my bad.  I had neglected to clean the gun after returning from last October's pheasant trip.  I had about one bale of grass seed inside that gun, which in the end, may have kept the #8 pellet from getting out on its own.  Shame.

Finally, I did not give up.  I watched four different YouTube videos on how to disassemble and reassemble the trigger group.  Sadly, no one did the SX4, only the previous version, the SX3.  Close enough.  Why did it take 4 videos?  Because no one explained HOW the damn sear goes back in.  Everyone either ASSUMED we all know how OR in two cases, the reassembly process was out of the camera frame.  Aggravating!

The key, and this is more for me to remember, was on the fourth video, the author said, "The sear kinda slides down into a channel in the housing."  Bam.  The Golden Words I needed to get that sucker back where it belonged.  It will not go any other way - believe me - I tried!

Hard Won Knowledge is Not Soon Forgotten!

I earned this one.  Got it taken care of, all put back together, clean, and in the safe - ready for our next adventure.  It did take about three hours though.  I won't forget how to do it next time since I worked so hard this time to figure it out.  In the end, I win.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks