Buck Bomb or Bust?

So Dick's Sporting Goods had jumbo Buck Bomb (33% more) on sale for $5 per can.  What the heck, thinks I, for I have surely wasted more money or dumber things before.  So I pick up two cans:  Doe in Heat Urine, and All Season Scent.

Now, if you are not familiar with Buck Bomb, it's a pressurized aerosol can of scent.  You put it on the ground, push the button, and it disperses scent like you are fumigating your house.  Take a look at the product:


My intent was to take the All Season can out on my next trip to the woods.  Oops, I grabbed the wrong can.  Oh well.  Even though it's a bit early for the rut, I figure that desperate times call for desperate measures.  I went ahead and decided to use the Doe in Heat can anyway.

So I cut off the lid.  Yes, cut off the lid.  They are taped on so no one accidentally hits the button - cause once you start these things - there is no stopping them.  I set it on the ground and pushed the button.  Word to the wise - these things spray Straight Up!  I got my gloves soaked with doe urine.  For those not fortunate enough to know the smell, allow me to steal a line from Anchor Man - it smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

What was even more awesome was that I did not hit the button long enough to make it go full auto - and thus, got to do it again.  This time I stood back and pressed from the side.

Now the commercials will show you this wonderful mist spraying up into the air about 4 feet.  Not so much.  I was lucky to get two feet.  Maybe my can was defective?  Maybe there was not enough aerosol to get 33% more out?  Regardless, I walked about 10 yards away, but not downwind, and hid in the fence row awaiting the amorous bucks to come running to the can.

What I got instead was a hissing sound from the bomb and no deer.

I did see the turkeys again.  Too bad Fall Turkey Season does not come back in until December.

I left to help the neighbor track a buck he shot last night and returned to pick up the can 2 hours later.  It was still hissing.  Brown goop was still coming out.  No way that's going in my pocket nor in my truck.  I tossed it into the fence line with hopes of picking it up later when it has expired.  Hell, for all I know it's still hissing.

Not sure that was a truly honest field test.  I will try the other can before passing judgement.  It has a way to go before I'm impressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks