No Hunting Thursday - Poetry Day

I had to work late today as it was our global day of service.  Thus, I returned late and hauled the doe up to Simpson's in Young America for processing instead of hunting.  It will be ready tomorrow afternoon and I shall pick up after work.

So instead of any hunting stories, I thought I would share with you a limerick that a fellow blog reader has supplied after reading these posts.  He did not say "Don't" but did also not bless this publishing.  So here it is, without permission and left anonymous....I'm pretty sure it's not trademarked or copy writed....enjoy
Craig


Now Seager, with daughter and son
Decided to go have some fun;
All dressed up in camo
With lots of fresh ammo
They each chose their favorite gun.
 
Alex had asked to go too,
For him this was all something new;
Quite lacking in skill
He could not land a kill
‘Cos his shots were all going askew.
 
They thought Re-Phil and Davey were there;
From their text they should’ve been quite near.
Sure, they were both together
But in that kind of weather
They were sitting at home drinking beer!
[Editor:  Those bastards!]
 
So quietly they searched for their prey
But nothing was coming their way.
Kathy said, “You disgrace,
With that paint on your face
Dad, you’re scaring the deer away!”


Pretty perceptive for someone who was not even there, you think?
I do, and I give it a hearty, Well Done!
I especially like that Re-Phil and Davey bit.

Comments

  1. Pleased you enjoyed it, but you still need to work on the face paint!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks