Day 6 - Oct 6

No body else can hunt today, Saturday, Oct 6.  So, I headed out to Neal's W stand by myself at 3:15.  Wind was blowing a steady 18 mph.  It's 43 degrees.

The corn was coming out S of Marshall's, across the road.  Farmer said he saw two coyotes, but no deer.  I said, Me neither.

I was in location at 3:45.  I saw 3 squirrels and some crows.  I heard an owl.  But I can tell you where the deer are NOT located.  Anywhere I've been the last week.

I stood as long as possible and then sat down.  Remember all the rain from yesterday?  Well, now some very sensitive parts of my lower body are wet.  Yes, I was cold.  I stuck it out until 7:45 but saw nothing but a beautiful sunset.

 From stand, facing SE.

From stand, facing SW. 

Sunset as I walked out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks