Day 2 - Oct 2

Nick, Alex and I headed out to Neal / Marshall farms this afternoon at 4 pm.  It was only misting when we left.  It's 57 F.
Nick and Alex saw the same buck (the 6-pointer) from the day before as they walked in.  They tried to grunt it in, but it bolted to the N.
Nick sat in the W stand and Alex took the E stand on Neal.  I walked back up to the NE corner on Marshall.
The mist soon turned to outright rain.

The boys saw nothing but squirrels after the buck ran north.
I jumped a rabbit, a covey of quail, several squirrels, and two very pissed off blue jays (the sentinels of the forest).

Re-Phil texted that he was hunting on Jenkins, next to the golf course.  Saying crap like, "I haven't seen anything.  You?"  "Staying dry?"  Of course, the whole time he was in Davey's living room drinking beer.  In the end, he got the same number of deer as we did, but stayed dry doing it.

No shots taken on day 2.
 Nick and Alex painted up and ready to hunt.

 Mad man with a crossbow.  
Close-up of face paint for Dave P. 

The mist / rain, facing SW from Marshall's corner. 


 Looking back into the woods on Marshall, facing E.


 Looking down Nick's bow from the stand.  See the water?  Nick titled this picture "Wet."
Facing W.  Taken with iPhone 4.

Comments

  1. Now that must be just about the most comical portrait of you that I have ever seen -- I have met circus clowns that would be envious of a face like that! However, I should be discerning with my snyde comments when I see you standing there with crossbow in hand! If it's any consolation, I haven't shot any deer this season either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks