Firearms Season Day 5 - 24 NOV

Happy Turkey Day Everybody!

As has been the custom for at least the past 36 years that I have been involved, the Seager Clan met up with the Davis Clan for deer hunting on Thanksgiving.

This year, however, was a bit different - in as much as we actually did not even hunt.  Cuz Shane had back surgery, Dad and DC are just plain getting old, and it was wet and cold outside.

We sat around the barn telling stories for 90 minutes, and then decided that it was time to break out the beer.  The whiskey soon followed.  And we called it quits at 10:30 so folks could go get ready for lunch.  Not a shot was fired, but we had an absolute blast.

Dad, Nick and I then headed for the golf course at 3:40 pm.  Nick sat on 15, Dad blocked W on 17, and I was overwatch on Hole 5 to the S.

About 5:20, two doe came out from the S and were about 400 yards E of me.  They worked their way between the ponds on 5 & 6, getting within 200 yards.  When they crested the hill, I let a round fly from my .458 SOCOM - with a dead on hold.  Complete miss.  They turned and looked back S.  I held one  mil-dot high and fired again.  The lead doe dropped on the spot.

When we got up to retrieve her, she was still kicking.  I had Nick hold down her two front feet so I would not get kicked and I slit her throat.

Nice doe that will provide salami for the clan.

Nick and Dad with meat in the truck.



I checked her in on-line and Dad was going to take her up to Frank's for processing today.

So now here I sit in Cancun, Mexico, 24 hours later, soaking up sun and suds.  Wow, it's good to be me.

If you want to hear about our vacation at Cancun, then you need to leave this Hunting blog and head over to our Vacation blog:  http://rcseager.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks