EU Cookie Laws???

So as I go to post today, I get this notice from Google, and I quote:

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent. 

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. 

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities.

So for all you EU visitors (the ONE I know of, Dave), I do not use any cookies on my website.

And you see that second paragraph?  I looked at my blog and I did not see said notice.

Oh well, as far as I know, I am not violating any EU laws with this blog.
There may be moral issues or social norms that get stretched to the limit, but no laws are being broken.

For what it's worth...

Comments

  1. True that we see Cookie alerts all the time, but they are more of an irritation than an advantage. I was unaware of that particular EU law, which may or may not exist. My view ... who cares, apparently the UK will soon be out of the EU anyway, therefore not beholden to its laws. Keep blogging!
    D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks