Firearms Season Day 2 - 13 NOV

We tried to do what we did yesterday, leave early and walk in to be set up before first light.  Well, the truck tires were low, so I pumped them all up.  Kathy had to drive so she could leave for church - so we're taking two vehicles.  Nick was not present, so I had Kathy text him.  I checked my phone and he texted at 5:48 am to say he was not feeling well and would not be going.  And so we bolted about 6:30 am.

It was warmer this morning, 31 degrees, but there was more wind, so it felt colder.  Too cold in fact to not have a coat - like the ones Alex carried into the house, and then left Kathy's there.  We got out at the golf course and Kathy asked, Alex - where's my coat?  On the couch.  She ran back to get it.

Alex set up at the East end in the bowl.  Kathy sat on the South.  I took Nick's spot from yesterday.  And we sat.  There was NOTHING moving.  Alex and I didn't even get to see any squirrels.  Kathy walked out at 8:45, so I shifted back up to Hole #5 so I could over watch the South side.  Alex and I stayed until about 10.  As we drove out we saw a buck and a doe in the field North of the golf course.  The only two deer we saw all day.

Again, no shots fired, so no deer down.

Neighbor Denis texted to see if he could gut a deer at our burn pile.  Of course he may.  His daughter shot a small buck - her first I think.  She was excited.  And that is why we do what we do...

Kathy's view, looking South.

Kathy's view looking E, up the fairway of Hole #4.

My view looking SE from Sr. Tee box on Hole #17.
You can see it's still early as there is no sun like in Kathy's pictures above.

My view looking NE across the pond.
Steam is coming off the pond and there is some frost still on the ground.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks