Ramblings and Photos

We took the time to shoot in our muzzle loaders and shotguns while the weather was nice.

While we did this, I also needed to shoot in my AR15, as I had taken off the scope to put it on the .308 for elk hunting.

Here is a photo as shot from 65 yards (60 meters).


The four on the left show that I'm still a little off.  I readjusted and shot the two at 12 o'clock.

That right there - 6 shots in 2 holes - that Bob Lee Swaggert shootin' if you ask me!  And, 2" high at 65 yards ought to put me dead on zero at 150 yards.

I was shooting my own hand loads.  I am pushing a 55 grain Nossler ballistic tip bullet out with 27.5 grains of Hodgon's CFE223 powder and CCI small rifle primers.  They are running 3,355 fps.  And, as you can see, they're pretty darn accurate.


Then, on my way home from Indy on Thursday, I see this traveling north bound.  First thought, Drug Runners.

You're looking at three 300 HP Yamaha motors on one boat.  That's 900 HP!

As I passed the boat, it was a Cigarette racing boat.  Makes sense now as there ain't many ponds in Indiana that can take that kind of power.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks