Duck Poppers Friday!

I stopped by the Hispanic grocery store tonight on my way home.  I bought 3.5# of jalapenos for $2.47.  And these are LARGE jalapenos.

So tonight I cut them in half and removed the seeds and all the white pith inside.  I washed them.  I then stuffed them with cream cheese - about half way full, which is my preference.  If you get them too full, then they are too rich for my taste.

Then I cut some duck snack sticks in half and laid them in the cream cheese.  Then I wrapped them in bacon.  After I placed them on the cookie sheet, I sprinkled McCormick's Southwest Maple seasoning on them.  That right there, that's the difference between a good popper and a GREAT popper.

So tomorrow, after I get home from the office, I will put two cookie sheets of poppers in the oven at about 250 degrees F.  It will take somewhere between 90 and 120 minutes to bake.  I bake them until the bacon is done - not too crispy but not too limp either.

My assembly line:  cut & wash, cream cheese, duck snack stick,
wrap in bacon.

Now wrapped and sprinkled with McCormick's Southwest Maple seasoning

There are numerous ways to make jalapeno poppers.  I ain't saying this is the only way.  I ain't saying it's even the best.  I'm just saying that this is the way I like to make 'em.  Not too hot, or heavy, and mighty, mighty tasty.  And yes, I did invite all the children over to enjoy them with me since Mama is working tomorrow night.  

Not only am I an awesome cook, I one heck of a Dad too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks