Winning!

Another gorgeous day here in Central Indiana.  Light breeze, full sun, no humidity, and 65F.
Spent the afternoon yesterday mowing the yard.  Finished the lane and pond today and put Sta-Bil (TM) in the lawnmowers and parked them for the year.  Who'da thunk we would still be mowing on the 26th of October!

For lunch today, I thawed out some of the doves we killed earlier in the year (see the post on Dove Opener from September 1).  I wrapped them in bacon, but on about half of them, I put in a slice of jalapeno that I canned in Feb 2012.  The canning process adds 1/3 sugar, 1/3 water, and 1/3 vinegar.  The sugar helps sweeten them up and they are not as hot / spicy.  Then, I threw the entire batch on the grill.

Of course I had a Kona Brewery Longboard Lager helping me!  A very fine beer.  If you get the chance, have two or sixteen.  They are awesome!  Yes, you can get them in Hawaii, but I also found them at Jungle Jim's Grocery Store in Cincinnati.

A mighty awesome meal....and yes, I texted this photo to Nick - no response yet.

A Grill FULL of Doves wrapped in bacon.
The split in the middle separates the jalapenos from the non.


Kona Brewery's Longboard Lager!
The Teriyaki is for putting out the flames - and a little flavor.
See Jersey (grand dog) and Apollo in the background by Gator.  I know, kinda washed out.
But hey, at least the sun was shining!

WINNING!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks