Deer Day 8 - Saturday, 25 OCT

Alex and I headed out at 6:45 am this dark Saturday morning.  I dropped him off at Vice's and then went around and parked.  It was 55F.  I walked in the bottoms and bumped 3 doe N toward Alex.
We then sat for the next 2.5 hours without seeing a deer.

Sun coming up over Marshall's bottom ground, Saturday, 10/25/14

I texted Alex about 9:30 and told him I was walking W to the top and then back to the truck.  He should wait at least 10 minutes before moving, in case I ran anything else out.

As I crossed the picked bean field, I saw a very large buck run out of the killing finger, angle toward the drainage ditch and then cut N onto Neal into the standing corn.  I have no idea how large he was because he was too far away.  I do know it was a big buck, though, because I could see his antlers gleaming in the sun.

Alex stepped out and jumped 3 doe (probably the same ones from earlier that I pushed).  They were 20 yards behind him and offered no shots.  He started walking out of the tree farm.

As I rounded the corner at the Colonel's in the truck, I saw them run across the road and onto Northrup's.  At least we saw them.

Alex did say that they were pawing the ground when he stepped out.  Take a look.  I'd say they certainly were.

Ground all pawed up by the doe Alex jumped.

Sun coming up on Vice's tree farm.

Well, the tribe is still going hungry, but we're trying.  Too warm and too much corn still standing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks