Deer Day 7 - Shots Fired - Sunday 19 OCT 2014

Alex and I left the girls sleeping on the couches in the Family Room with the Colts on TV.  Yes, the Colts won, but the girls had no clue.  We hit the woods 30 minutes earlier than usual, arriving at 4:00 pm instead of 4:30.  It was windy, steady 9 mph winds from the S-SW with gusts to 23 mph.  It was 54F and mostly sunny.

Alex sat along the creek on Vice's and I went to the cornfield along the Marshall-Boyd-Neal property lines.
The view looking NE.  Beyond the close trees is Boyd.  Can't hunt there.

View to the SE.  Beans are now gone.  Way over there, that's were I saw my only deer today.

I saw one deer, in the woods, 150 yards away, at 5:00.  Nothing other than birds and squirrels the rest of the evening.  One squirrel, however, did come up and sniff my boot.  That was cool.  The beans are out now, but all the corn is still standing.  And yes, it was windy and cool - I was glad I had a coat.

Alex, on the other hand, was protected from the wind, down in the bottoms of the tree farm.  He saw one doe come from the N and cross the creek (from Marshall to Vice).  Unfortunately, he was facing S, and had to turn to get off a "crooked" shot.  Miss on a large doe.  See picture below.

Deer came across creek over there - behind Alex, who was facing the other direction.

I walked out about 7:20 and headed to pick up Alex, who by this time had seen SEVEN deer.  I guess I picked the wrong spot to sit in tonight.

The clouds as the sun is setting.  Gorgeous!

Sunset on the Marshall farm.  Mulberry, IN.  Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks