Deer Firearms - Day 10 - Weds 20 DEC

Well for the 20th of DEC, it's hard to beat 46 degree weather.  The wind laid down a bit as well, only blowing at 10 mph.

I picked up Alex and we met RePhil at the Golf Course.  Alex took over watch on Hole #5, RePhil sat on the Jenkins line overlooking the bowl of Hole #15, and I took the N side of the property, along Hole #14.

And we sat.  The only action we saw were squirrels - which we each saw multiple of them.  I did have a walker come strolling through.  He and his dog popped up on Hole #13's green.  I moved out so they could see me and they turned around.  They walked S down Hole #17 and then I lost them.  No one else saw them on the course.

We did, however, get to see one awesome sunset (well, Alex and I did.  RePhil was in the bowl).  This is Alex's last shot at getting a deer this year as they leave for his family's Christmas gatherings.

We celebrated his end of the season with one of our sponsor's beers.  Thanks Leinenkugel!

The sun starting to go down.
That's the "dangerous" end of a Thompson Center Encore .50 caliber muzzle loader.
The walker and his dog came at me from the far right of this picture.

A beautiful sunset.  You only get to see so many in your life.
I counted this one as 'One to Remember.'


RePhil and Alex enjoying some adult beverages back at the truck.
The nice cloud pattern is what helped yield the beautiful sun set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks