NRA's American Hunter - Why I am...

I go back and forth on the NRA.  On one hand, they do more to support gun rights and the Second Amendment than anyone other than Ted Nugent.  On the other hand, they are always having a crisis - a burning platform - to get you to send in more money, and more money, etc.  That's strikes me wrong sometimes.  Yes, I am a member.  It does not piss me off THAT much.  And by the way, if you are not a member, shame on you, you should be!





On to the May 2016 issue of American Hunter magazine - one of the perks of being a member.  On page 22, there is an article on "5 Reasons to be an American Hunter."  The article itself is fairly well written and addresses an aspect that I rarely think about.  It's in my DNA.  Sometimes I forget that it's not in everyone's.

The last two paragraphs sum it up, as Bill and Ted would say, most excellently.  I have copied them here without permission, but have cited my source above in attempts to avoid legal issues.  This blog, as you know, is well read by close to ten whole people.  I don't want Johnny Law coming down on me!




     "Hunting - not video games or organized sports or even literature - is the original portal to a world of adventure.  We need only enter the woods to make a connection with the natural world most folks today cannot possibly understand.  Whether it's our lil' pard's first squirrel hunt or an elk hunt of a lifetime, there is adventure to be had in our connection with nature that beats the daylights out of cerebral connections made via video games or anything on television.
     It is said that if it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you.  Well, hunting is the ultimate challenge, and together we can all effect change for the better of our sport."

Well played, J. Scott Olmstead, Editor in Chief and author of the article.  I could not agree more!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks