I'm a Real Farmer!

New tractor finally arrived today.  I had quotes from both Big Greene and Hunter's Orange.  I negotiated to get them to within $3k of each other, and Orange had a 40 hp engine versus the 32 of Greene.  I bought Orange.

It arrived with the 5' bush hog (PTO driven) attached at the rear and the bucket on the front.  Of course the quick hitch was already attached.  I am missing the planer / grader with scarifier teeth.  Too bad because we were going to use THAT to grade the lane today.  Oh well.

Alex and I figured out how to unhook the bush hog.  It's way too wet to hog anything - and besides there is nothing to hog.  It's stored in the barn now.  Then we took her out for a test drive.  Afterwards I used it to dig out a stump behind the barn that I have been mowing around for ten years.  Ok, that may be an exaggeration, but it's gone now.

Specs:  4-wheel drive; 40 hp, 14 mph, diesel, hydrostatic drive, and this is the cleanest it will ever be - that's why I took pictures before I dug the stump.




Not too big, not too small.
I predict, like the Gator, that I will wonder why I waited so long to finally buy this thing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks