Happy to Not be on Meth!

This morning for breakfast, I warmed up left-over venison tenderloins we had grilled on Sunday.  We didn't just grill them, mind you.  We seasoned them with McCormick's Spicy Montreal Steak seasoning mix, pounded them with a meat tenderizer, wrapped them in thick-cut pepper bacon, and then grilled them.  While on the grill, we poured on teriyaki sauce and beer - both for seasonings and to keep the flames down.

Like all venison should be, we served them medium rare.  And man were they delicious!

This morning, I put two left-over loins on a plate, poured on some more teriyaki, and threw them in the microwave for 35 seconds.  I cut them into bite-sized pieces, with the bacon still on, and washed them down with some Gold Peak Sweet Iced Tea.  Slap my grandma.  Miss Kay Robertson could not have made a better meal.  I actually said, "Mmmmm" out loud.



And that got me thinking that I was glad I was not a Meth Head - slang for a user of methamphetimine.  You see, meth gives you a "high" and makes you feel good by 'tricking' the receptors in your brain.  The meth fills in those receptors and you get that good feeling.  The problem is that the meth, unlike the normal, human produced dopamine, stays in the receptor and blocks it forever.  That receptor is never again going to get used by natural dopamine.  Now, to get that 'good feeling' again, you have to take more meth, and then even more meth, until eventually, you can never get that good feeling again.  Can you imagine how that would suck?  Never again could you bite into a juicy hamburger or a bacon-wrapped venison loin and have your body recognize how wonderful it tastes.  And if that is not bad enough, how about physical relationships?  Never again to feel good.  Wow.

Meth must be some pretty powerful stuff.  I've read that one "hit" is all it takes.  You are hooked - addicted for life - and you'll give up everything to get more.  Don't even get me started on the side-effects.  Teeth rot.  Picking at your skin.  Loss of appetite.  Do not go to Google and search for images of Meth Heads.  You can't unsee that crap.  Me?  I think I'll pass.  Not only is it illegal, but I want to continue to enjoy my deer steaks - oh yeah, and my wife!  Love you, honey!

Come on now.  That's funny right there....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks