Hunt Day 16 - Last Evening - Sunday 20 DEC

Alex and I left the house before 4 pm.  It has warmed up to 49 degrees today.  What?  Well the winds came along with the temperature increase.  25 mph gusts.

I dropped Alex off at Vice's S end and he went to over-watch Pete's Buck.  I parked on Marshall and walked the entire Neal property line.

We saw nothing.  Not even a squirrel.

We called it a night at 5:45 pm.  We returned to the house and ate a dinner of elk stew.  In between hunts today, I chopped veggies and pressure cooked some elk and turned it all into a stew.

Nick, Shelby, Dave, Missy, Emily, Kathy, Alex, Dad and I all ate on it - and there is still about 1/2 a pot left.  Great food to warm back up with and an awesome way to end the season for 2015.

Well, archery is still in until 03 JAN 2016.  However, the weather usually does not cooperate enough to allow for that.  Maybe we will get out, but it's doubtful.

Rabbit, squirrel, and goose are still in season.  Plenty to do.

It was another awesome deer season - they always are.  Each hunt is a gift, as you never know when it will be your last.  I savored them all.  Lots of stories to tell and a bit of meat in the freezer.  Awesome to be able to hunt with my family (kids, kids-in-law, cousin, father, uncle) and dear friends who are like family.  The Good Lord has blessed me with more than I deserve, and for that I am truly thankful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks