Hunt Day 14 - Sunday 13 DEC

So I pick up Davey at 0700 this morning.  It is damp out, but not raining.  A balmy 60 degrees F with 87% relative humidity.  We head for Marshall's S farm.

We park along the road and chat until legal light (7:30).  I let Davey out on the W edge.  The wind is from the S at a supposed 14 mph.  More like 24 mph to me.

I drive around and sit the square woods on the E side.  We sit and sit and sit.  By 0900 I have seen all of three squirrels.  Nothing is happening.

Davey walks my way as I have planned ahead.  In the truck I have Sun King's WeeMac beer, fresh deer salami, crackers, cheese, and West Virginia's Best Hot Pepper Butter.  We feast!

A shore lunch fit for a king!  WeeMac and fresh deer salami.
This is from my earlier kill.  Simpson did a nice job processing this batch.

Davey sure enjoys his WeeMac and deer salami.  Friend for life!
Again, note the GREEN grass we are parked on!
Those black lumps in the trees behind Dave - those are squirrel nests.

We call it a day around ten am.  We have seen not a thing, but had a good time none the less.  Season ends in one week.  It's getting pretty serious now...

And then the rains came.  It started light about 11 and then it poured.  No more hunting this day for us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks