Deer Day LAST - Morning Sunday 21 DEC

I picked up Dave at 6:45 again this morning and we headed for Marshall's S farm.  It was 25 F with a slight 5 mph wind from the SE.  We saw three doe driving out.

Dave sat in the W finger and I parked and walked SE to the swamp.  About half way to the E property line, a six point buck came out of the woods behind me.  He wanted to go E, but I was blocking his path.  He was about 50 yards away.  Only problem was that it was still too early to shoot - only by a minute, but still too early.  What's the harm?  Well as calm as it was, sound carries forever, in fact, we could hear the church bells in Mulberry.  A muzzle loader blast before legal light would have drawn unwanted attention.  Besides, that's the law.  Thus, I did not fire.  He took off to the SE, snorting and wheezing.

Sunrise on the last morning of muzzle loading season.
It's 7:35 am and there is a buck running on my right as I took this picture.

About the time I was nearly in the swamp, Dave texted me that a coyote was heading my direction.  Wrong!  Three coyotes came by at about 200 yards.  A bit too far for the ole muzzle loader.  I let them pass.

We saw nothing the remainder of the morning.

We did however, take a picture to send to RePhil who could not hunt this morning.

The picture we texted to RePhil



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks