Sunday, 23 DEC

Davey, Alex, Nick, and I headed to Jenkins and the Golf Course this morning.  Neither Nick nor Alex have a muzzle loader, so they borrowed Pa Jerry's.  As Nick and I were sighting those muzzle loaders in, I broke one of the ram rods.  We fashioned one out of a dow rod, but I really suspect that this is a single shot muzzle loader.  So, since I broke it, I used it today.

They dumped me out at Jenkins and I grabbed the 3 extra rounds - but neglected to take the primer charger.  This, I realized about 20 minutes into my walk.  There I was, a spectator, carrying a knife and a club.  I would NOT be taking any shots this morning.

So instead, I just enjoyed the day.  It was a BEAUTIFUL sunrise.  If you look, you can see the church steeple in this picture.  You may have to blow it up.



I continued my walk across Jenkins and toward the course.  I never saw a thing.
I picked up Nick at Hole #15 and we walked W.  We heard a shot that had to be Alex.  Alas, it was not.  There was some guy S of him.

We called it quits by 9, as Alex had to get to church.  I took this picture on the course on my way out.


It was warmer today; almost 32 F.  No wind.  Alex was the only one to see a deer today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks