Bald Eagle on Seager Ranch

As I was coming home from Indy on Wednesday, 19 DEC, I saw a Bald Eagle resting on the S of the pond, the very last tree on the NW corner of the woods.

I stopped the truck directly below him (or her) and watched it from my sunroof.  I got my cell phone camera ready and jumped out - successfully spooking it.  It flew SW across the field and landed by the creek at the fertilizer plant.  It's very tough to see, but you can make out the white tail in the picture below.


Then, as we're coming back from hunting on Sunday, 23 DEC, I tell Nick and Alex that I saw an eagle in that tree right there.  Son of a gun, s/he was back - in the exact same spot.

This time, I drove past it about 20 yards.  Nick and I both got our cameras out.  We were too far away for our crappy cell phone cameras to get good pictures; but, we all three saw it this time.

Awesome!  It's not every day you get to see a Bald Eagle on your own property in the middle of Indiana.
Super neat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks