Last Day Muzzle - Serious Deer Juju

Davey, Alex, and I went out on Sunday evening, 23 DEC - the last day of muzzle loading for our county.

As Alex walked in, he jumped 8 doe due E and off our property.  I watched them continue E, stop and start feeding after jumping the fence and getting about 1 mile away from the "danger" of Alex.

I went back into the woods and jumped 3 more doe, and they ran N.  Seems like Alex and I are both "Bad Dogs."  I ran back N to try and cut them off.  I then cut diagonally through the woods.  I came upon 4 beds, which I diagnosed as 3 doe and 1 buck - due to the location of the urine stains.  I thought that maybe the buck was still in front of me just over the rise.

I made the top of the hill and surveyed the woods.  I saw nothing.  So, I got my camera out and took a picture of the sun setting in the SW.  Here it is.


Blow it up and look closely, as outlined by the arrow in this picture.  There's a deer in the field watching me.

So I pulled up my gun, open shot, 110 yards, chest clear.  I pulled the trigger and pop.  Cap goes off, but not the gun.  The deer takes off running to Davey.  It stops 100 yards broadside.  Davey stands up, adjusts his scope, and pulls the trigger.  Pop again!  Two shots at the same deer and both mis-fire.  This deer had some serious mojo going on.

We both re-capped and both guns went off the second time.  As so our season ended.

Good times with good friends and family.  Meat in the freezer.  Success, no matter how you define it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks