April: Eclipse, Shooting, & Jumping

 We started April on the deck with a Total Solar eclipse across Indiana.  Sandy and I sat on the deck (with me drinking beer like any good cold-blooded redneck) and watched the day turn to night.  The frogs and the crickets came out as they thought it was night time.  Things got really quiet and wierd.  I'm sure there are better pictures than what I could get on my iPhone, but we can say we participated!

Eclipse about half-way

Sittin' on the deck with our protective glasses so we can safely watch



I bought a new PCC (pistol caliber carbine) in 9mm.  And, after garnering parental unit permission because my wife said I had to, I took the Wes (the youngest) back to shoot it with me.  Yes, of course I helped him so that we all remained safe.  

But check out the succession of photos - each showing another shot from Wes.  See how he keeps getting closer and closer to the red dot sight?  Know what happens next?  Getting scoped!  Welcome to the club boy!

First shot, pretty good eye relief.

Getting closer...

Too close!

Note the red mark right between the eyes!
Good lesson learned.



Whilst the other three grandkids were in school, we took Wes to Get Air, a local trampoline park.  Wore me out!  Not as young as I use-ta-was.  But we had a great time!

Wes and Papaw in the foam pit

Papaw rescuing Wes who got stuck in the back corner!
Hilarious

Wes pushing Grandma off the swing into the foam pit

Wes rescuing Grandma from the foam pit!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks