14.5 Mile Mt. Bike Ride at Tippecanoe Amphitheater

 Nice morning outside today.  63F (17 C) and not overly humid.  Nice August weather for Indiana!  Krueger showed up at 6:30 am and we headed for the Amphitheater.  We started our ride at 7:02 am, which is before sunrise, but we were able to see okay.  Wouldn't you know it, we were the only ones there!  It was nice not having to worry about joggers, other bikers, or dog walkers.  We could go as fast or as slow as we wished.

We did four laps.  Two were relatively slow.  On the third one, we raced up the last hill in an attempt to set personal bests for the climb out.  And on the fourth lap we increased our pace.  I can tell you that my body could take it (lungs, legs, arms) but my bike could not - and by that I mean that I had lost some dexterity because I was getting tired.

Of note, on the race up the hill, I did bounce off a tree.  Never fell off the bike and did set a PR!

We ended up logging 14.56 miles (23.4 km) in just under 2 hours of riding.  We missed the rain that hit Mulberry (almost 0.5 inches or 1.3 cm). 



Details on our laps from Strava


Minor injury to my arm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks