Sunset while Shooting in Firearms for Deer Season

Those who could went back to Nick's to shoot-in our firearms for deer season this past Thursday because it was perfect - 81 degrees and only a slight breeze.  We shot in rifles, shotguns, and muzzle loaders.  We shot in six guns in 11 shots - with three of those being on a brand new scope & another three being second shots just to verify the first.  This has never happened, especially with muzzle loaders. 

So, we were done way earlier than we thought.  So what did we do?  Busted out the coolers, drank beer, watched the sun set, while telling old stories.

I told the boys, "You're missing an awesome sunset."  To which they looked up and blandly replied okay with less than the enthusiasm such a creation deserves.  Then it hit me, I was wearing my prescription sunglasses - with filter.  So I passed them around the circle to let everyone look thru and see what I was seeing.  Now I got the reaction I expected...

So here are a couple of photos - the first is the original sunset as seen with an iPhone 11 pro max.  The second is with the same phone, but through my sunglasses.  

The sunset as the iPhone and bystanders saw it.


 

The sunset through my prescription glasses.


 

See?  I told you it was awesome!  And yes, it was a great evening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks