Updated the Front Entryway

Our front door was leaking, putting water on the floor - the old tile floor that had been in place since 1965.  So we decided to replace the door and the floor.

Here are some before and after shots.

Old tile and oak door. Leaks around lower-right (see spot on floor).
Also note decorative glass.

Outside view of old door.  Termite damage at bottom.

Door gone.  We measured FIRST to ensure it fit before pulling the old one out.  Smart!

New door in.  Looking from the outside.
New door has plain 3/4 glass.  Lets in lots more light.

New floor installed.

No, I did not do the work.  And the deeper we got into it, the more happy I became I chose NOT to do this myself.  I did not have the proper tools to take out the old stuff, especially the flooring.  I did not have the skill to put in the new door and hang it square.  So, we hired our favorite local contractor Mark Bond, who did all of this in 1.5 days.  And he did a superb job!  Thanks Mark!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks