Leinenkugel Snowdrift Meatballs

So I joined Mama at the grocery store this week.  Good thing.  I saw Leinenkugel's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is out!  Whoo Hoo!  Got some.  So I decided to use an old recipe I got from Leinenkugal's newsletter and make up some meatballs.

I mixed two pounds of pork sausage with one pound of hamburger.  I threw in onions, garlic, BBQ sauce, Club crackers, Country Bob's, and worcestirshire sauce and mixed it all up with my hands.  I made 67 uneven shaped meatballs from this mixture.  I put them in cooking pans and baked them at 350F for 20 mins.  After cooling, I put them in a roasting pan.

While those were cooking, I chopped an onion and sautéed that.  To that pot I added two bottles of Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, brown sugar, more BBQ sauce, and some cayenne pepper.  I brought that mix to a boil and then poured it over the meatballs.

The entire batch is now in the fridge, soaking up all the goodness.  I will put the roaster in the oven Saturday afternoon and warm everything back up.  The kids are coming over to enjoy them with me!

Tony Sykes, David Shaw and my Dad Jerry are all hoping that there are at least some leftovers!

Gonna be awesome...


The meatballs before going into the oven.

The onions cooking before the wonderful porter is added

The meatballs ready to hit the fridge to marinate for a couple of days!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks