Riding Kickapoo State Park 13 MAR 2021

I drove over and picked up Krueger at 0900 Saturday morning.  We headed West and picked up Brad (another State Trooper) at his house and then on about another hour West to Kickapoo State Park in Danville, IL.

Michael and Brad ended up with 10 miles of trails because they took two extra trails that I did not ride (Heaven & Hell and Trail #9).  They were tired, but I was more so.  Cardio kicked my behind at Kickapoo.  I've lost just about all of the gains I had last Fall over the winter.  Need to get back out and ride some more.

It was a chilly morning, but I logged 8 miles before my lungs gave out.  We grabbed a bite to eat on the way home and then pounded the aspirin to numb the pain.

I did get a little cocky and took ONE jump.  Everything went well until the landing.  My right foot came off the pedal and it road up my shin - adding a few new bumps and about four wounds that drew blood.

We had a good time and it was nice to be back out again.

Our route around Kickapoo State Park as recorded by Strava


Michael & Brad coming back up from the Heaven & Hell trail.
The Vermillion River is down to the right in this picture.
The mt. bike trail turns to the left looking at the photo (Michael's right) in front of the large tree (center in photo).


It's 80 miles from my house to Kickapoo State Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks