Muzzle Loader Season Opens!

It was a very cold & snow covered morning on Saturday, Dec 8th, like 20F cold.  Some of us dummies went out and tried to get some more deer.

RePhil and I were on the course.  Davey was at the fertilizer plant.

RePhil's alarm did not go off, so we got out late, about 7:30 am.  I went to hole #4 and RePhil walked to the bowl on hole #15.  We heard a shot to the N.  My best guess is that RePhil pushed all the deer out North and the hunter up there shot one.  This was later confirmed by the tracks in the field.

We, on the other hand did not see any deer.  Squirrels, crows, hawks, and other birds, but no deer.

I started texting RePhil about 8:30 seeking his insight to where the deer were hiding.  No response.  I asked if he was asleep.  No response.  About 9:30 I was cold enough and started to walk to RePhil and maybe push something his way.

When I got to where RePhil was supposed to be, he was gone.  I searched up and down the course and even over the hill.  He was absent.  I walked back to the truck - and there was RePhil.  We both thought that the other was 'stroking out.'  RePhil received all my texts and texted back.  My phone did not receive a single one.  We laughed.

We met Davey at Hoops restaurant in Frankfort for breakfast and to thaw out.

Looking down Hole #4.
A little different than a week ago!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks