New Security System w/ Cameras Installed

Posting a Shout Out to Mulberry Telecommunications (full disclosure of bias - I am on their board of trustees).  But they have a Honeywell security system that, for the money, is tough to beat.

We have had our system installed now for about three months.  It includes door sensors (we installed 4), glass break sensors (we installed a ton), motion sensors (installed 1), smoke detectors (installed 4), and video cameras (we picked 0).  The installation fee is minimal and can be completed in just a few short hours.  Go check out the product on their website:  https://www.mintel.net/home-security

Have we had any issues with the system?  None.  We have accidentally set it off four times of our own doing (me one, cats one, and wife two).  But those were all relatively early and getting use to the system.  It obviously works really well.

So why did I pass on the cameras?  Because I wanted a wireless system that uses my network instead of running wires all over creation.  Thus, I ordered a wireless P2P NVR and four wireless cameras off Amazon.  I had to add a 3 TB hard drive myself, but the whole package costs me only $400.

The cameras are amazing.  Day and night vision.  Allows for full-time, motion, or scheduled recording (or any combination of the three).  The pictures are super clear even at night.  The only bit I do not like is having to connect to my desktop monitor to see the pictures.  I may have a dedicated monitor in my future for the camera system.  Installation and set-up?  Could not be easier.  Get power to camera, turn on, it finds the router and installs itself!  Winning!

Many times I have had the question - Did you have an issue with theft that induced you to put in the system?  Negative.  Never had a problem and do not anticipate any.  But, this is a great way to Harden the Target.  Put up cameras and have a security system.  It could force the "bad actors" to pick an easier target.

Any locals thinking of installing a system?  Do yourself a favor and check out MulTel.  You will not be disappointed.


Our control panel as installed.  All touch screen.


Hardening the Target


As an aside, we have had a Logitech baby camera installed in the kids' room since Will was born (2 years now).  It allows us to use our cell phones to check on the kids.  It also has two-way voice for communication.  It is installed so that we can see the entire room, zoom in on the cribs, and hear what's going on in the room no matter our location.  Great product, but kinda expensive for a single unit.  Anyway, I was mowing and this camera recorded me - through the window - mowing, with sound!  It is very sensitive.  Guess you get what you pay for after all!
I do not sit on the Logitach board.  They just have a great product.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks