Venison Meat Balls

For the kid's birthdays, Sandy asks what they would like for a meal.  Whatever they ask for, we make and invite them all over to partake.

For Alex's birthday, he requested meatballs.  So Sandy make a batch and I made a batch of venison meatballs to go along with hers.

I took one pound of venison and mixed it with:  one diced onion, one row of Ritz crackers, teriyaki, and barbecue sauce.  I stirred it all up and then proceeded to hand-form 30 meatballs.

This is everything above, mixed and ready to form

In a large pan on the stove, I put in a sliced onion and more teriyaki.  I browned the balls in the pan and then put them into a baking pan.

Once all the meat was browned and removed, I poured in a vanilla stout beer to the pan on the stove.  I added 1/2 cup of brown sugar and more barbecue sauce.  I brought that mixture to a roiling boil and then poured it into the baking pan of now browned meatballs.

I threw the baking pan into the oven at 350F and let them ride for 35 minutes uncovered.  They are now ready to be devoured!

Let the deliciousness begin!

Comments

  1. Sounds fantastic. Looks delicious. I bet it tasted even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks