Muzzle Loading Season Day 1 - SAT 11 DEC

So I was out on vacation for 9 days which means I missed opening week-end for muzzle loading season.  And then I played 'catch-up' with activities every evening this past week.  I finally had a chance to go out with the Smoke Pole on Saturday.

Me and Davey and Alex went out to the golf course.  Davey sat overwatch on 5.  I hunkered down on 17.  Alex went to the bowl on 15.  And there was nothing to be seen except a few squirrels.

We arrived at dark about 7:00 am.  We waited until first light, 7:20, to walk in.  We sat until about 9 with zero activity as far as shots go.  We didn't hear anything.  The wind was a bit brutal, but the temps hung around the 20 degree mark.  No too unbearable.

But, alas, we knew what awaited us in the truck - Dunkel and deer salami.  We bailed about 9 and called it a morning.

My view from Hole 17 on Saturday, 11 DEC 2016

No Deer?  No Problem!
Celebration feast of Warsteiner Dunkel & Leinenkugel Dunkel and Deer Salami!



Davey and I went back out later that night to Marshall's South farm.  Davey sat on the SW corner of the square woods and I went to the swamp.

I saw one doe at about 50 yards - across the property line.  She and I had a staring contest for about ten minutes before she ran off.  Davey had 3 come out at last light and fired.  We tracked for 30 minutes but never even found the first spot of blood.  We're calling it a clean miss.

Hey, at least we SAW deer.  That is our definition of a successful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks