Muzzle Loading Day 2 - Sun 11 DEC

So Alex and I go out about 4 pm Sunday evening.  It's 32 F and raining.  We had some snow earlier, but it's melting pretty fast.

Alex walked out to the E stand on Neal - which happened to be flooded, like it always seems to do about this time each year.  Fortunately, it was FROZEN right up to the last step.  See photo below.



Looking down at the ground from the top of the E stand on Neal.
That water nearly came over the top of Alex's boot!

I walked the road down to Marshall's bottoms.  I slowly walked N and then up to the top when I was N of Bailey's.  Here was my view:

Marshall's bottom ground, looking back SE.
Some snow, but it's melting quickly in the rain.

Alex's view from the E stand on Neal, looking W.  


I saw nothing but tracks:  deer, rabbit, and turkey.  And that's about all Alex saw too.  We ended up being wet and chilly with nothing to show for it.  But, we are sure to have a better opportunity to shoot deer in the woods than in our family rooms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks