Deer Hunt Day 2 - Friday, 14 OCT

Alex called and said we should try to hunt Friday night, so we did.  We loaded up and hit the woods at 4:30 pm.  It was 63 F with a 7 mph wind from the SE, which was odd - or at least not standard.  Alex walked the fence row and sat on Neal, where the corn was still standing.  I walked down the road and sat on Marshall's bottom, near the creek.  And once again, the mosquitoes were awful.

At first, Alex didn't think they were bad, but when the sun went down the wind died and the mosquitoes drove him out a little early.  I ended up seeing 2 squirrels, a flock of geese, and zero deer.
Still it was an awesome day to be out!

My view for the evening.  I sent this to Cuz Shane - 
wishing he were here to share it with me instead of the damn mosquitoes!


I called it quits by 7:15 pm.  Last legal light was 7:37.
I was dark enough in the woods anyways and I was treated to
this sunset as I walked out.

I turned around, now facing E and here is the Moon coming up.

This is the flock of geese that came straight at me and then turned just
slightly to the S.  Pretty close to 25 of them in that flock.
By this time of the evening there was NO wind.  What a sight and sound they make!

End of the hunt photo, with the moon rising in the background between the weeds.
Promotional consideration has been paid by the fine people at Modelo.

Yep, it's good to be us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks