300 Win Mag Targets - Bench v Sticks

So I bought the Primos Gen 2 shooting tripod to take with me to Africa.  Sweet set up, but not near as steady as bench shooting.  Here's an example from today.  Our final shoot-in before the trip.

First target is a 3-shot group from the sticks.  Although I could kill an animal with those shots, not near as close as bench shooting.

We use a rubber block to hold the gun as we rest on a table.  The remainder is up to the shooter.  I'll take it.


3-shot group from tripod / shooting sticks.  1.88" center to center.

3-shot group while resting on table.  0.34" center to center.

Yep, I'd say the gun is on and ready to go!  T-minus 7 days and counting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks