Boom Town Predator Pursuit Outfitters & Clothing Line
NOT a paid sponsor. Purchased the clothes with my own hard-earned cash. Was actually on the very first guided hunt with Ian (Boom Town owner) after he had earned his guide license. Happy to support a new and growing business. Why? Weren't we all here once? Trying to navigate this thing called Life. If I, in any way, can throw a few bucks at Ian's dream and help in some small way, then that's what I do. Consider it yourself. You can check out the site here: boomtownpredatorpursuits.com – My Store
I know your first question is, Purple? Why on earth did you choose THAT color? And trust me here, don't take my word for it, check with the experts. Here is a Deer Vision Expert discussing how deer see. Trust his life's work, not my anecdotal evidence. A Deer Vision Researcher Explains What Your Camo Is Actually Doing
Our granddaddies hunted in red plaid clothing for Pete's sake. Don't get me wrong. I think Bill Jordan is one smart businessman. He created one heck of a company. I own countless Realtree camo clothes. I love Sitka, Kuiu, and believe Kryptek camo is probably the best my eyes have seen. BUT, it doesn't matter what I see. It matters why your PREY sees.
Depending on what you are after, and in the case of deer here in the Midwest, Motion, Concealment, and then Color matter. If you watched the Vision Expert video above, you know that Blue is the worst color for deer, followed by shiny or plastic, like those plastic Hunter's Orange vests we have to wear during firearms season. Do yourself a solid and invest in cloth Hunter's Orange clothing.
Today's camo is for human eyes. Does it work on animals? Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Stop walking through the woods like a snowplow. Be the slowest moving thing in the woods. Conceal your outline and then, if you wish, put on some camo.
Back to the question at hand. Why a Purple shirt? To prove I could. You know what? It worked. I sat with the sun to my back. I had prairie grass behind me to break up my outline. And I only moved to pull up my shotgun to shoot. Simple. Expert advice? From me, hardly. Did I prove it? My belly says I did. A fine mess of doves and one squirrel for the pot. All shot in a purple shirt!
Besides, I didn't have much purple in my wardrobe and I can wear it in public without getting stares like I do with camo clothes.
Listen. You do you. I'm just here to spread a little love for Boom Town and get a great-looking shirt in the process. Head on over to the website and get yours! You won't be sad. And yes, they have other colors. You don't have to get purple if you don't want to. But it takes a real man to wear purple!
Comments
Post a Comment