Sunday 20 NOV

 Today was the Albitz family Thanksgiving (Sandy's side) at a local church in Frankfort.  It started at 1 pm.  After which, I went up to Young America to retrieve the deer we had processed with Frank last week.  Nick went out to Marshall's N woods.  Davey and Michael were at the S woods.

I told Nick to text me if he got anything and I would drive out and help him load it up.  He texted well after dark that he jumped two doe walking in, but no shots taken.  He did see 5 driving home.

I got a call from Michael at 5:15 that Davey had a nice buck down and they needed the gator.  I loaded it up and joined them on the S farm - and I myself saw 4 deer driving out there.  We drove the gator down to the deer and loaded it up and then they hung it in the barn, to be turned into Frank tomorrow for processing.

At this point, Davey should have already checked his deer in online with the State.  If he has not, he'd better because it's now posted on this blog and there are photos of him posing with it.  Better stay legal!  Don't want to end up like the stupid turkey hunter who killed 27 turkeys illegally in like 7 states - keeping evidence of each kill.  He makes all us hunters look bad.  That guy got a lifetime hunting ban and several thousands of dollars in fines.  As he should...

This is the last week for firearms' season in Indiana.  Lots of hunting to be done yet.  Plan is to get out Weds, Thurs, and Friday as me and grandma leave Saturday for another trip to Cancun!  While the weather here is set to become milder this week, it sure does not beat the Mexican beaches!

T-minus 6 days...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks