Mt. Biking Saturday 4-17-21

 I picked up Krueger at 0600 Saturday morning and we drove down to Carmel to ride Town Run.  John King, a fellow Eagle Scout, drove up from Seymour to ride with us.  We cranked out a 4-mile "warm up" and then headed over to Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park to ride there.


Our ride at Town Run - a nice "easy" flowing trail that's pretty short but fun.
You can see from the 39ft (12 m) elevation change, it's also pretty flat.

The two trails we hit at Ft. Ben: the left side first and then the right loop.
The little appendix sticking out at the top of the map is where we parked the truck.

Go to the bottom of the map, left side.  Look at the "i" in 8.5 mi and go up to see that little 180-degree turn that crosses the creek.  That spot right there?  That's where I crashed hard enough to set off my Apple Watch.  It detected that I had fallen and was calling 911 for me.  I cancelled that call as I was fine.  Well, at least fine enough that I did not require an ambulance ride.  My hip is still a little tender where I left some skin on the rocks, but I'm good.  I mean, heck, if you ain't wreckin' then you ain't riding hard enough to improve, right?

From there I came home, took a shower, and then gave the Masonic services for a Brother who passed just two days shy of 93 years old.  I grabbed a quick nap and then went to Clinton Prairie High School's prom.  No, I'm not trying to relive my glory days as Prom King from 1986 (although I did marry the Prom Queen!).  I worked Security at the venue to ensure we had no issues.  And we didn't.  I did sleep well Saturday night.

Total ride distance 12.5 miles (19.3 km) in 1 hour and 50 minutes.  That was a good workout for me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks