Work on the Shooting Range

I finally got me 160 tons of fill dirt.  I hired a guy to push it up into a backstop for the shooting range - until we ran out of dirt.

I have 60 more tons on order.  The hope is to get the backstop to 12' in height.  Then I will probably have to add railroad ties in the front to maintain the soil - I fear erosion. 

I am in no rush.  I cannot actually utilize the range until the crops come out this Fall.

I took a couple of pictures to show the progress.  I put both Will and the Gator in these so you can see the size of this thing.  It is going to be epic!



Will on top the current backstop.
It is at least 6' tall right now.

Farther back to show the length of the backstop

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks