Canned some Peppers

 Kathy & Alex have a small garden with many different types of peppers growing.  They brought me some jalapenos, banana, and pepperoncinis.  I sliced them and put them into Mason jars.  Then I poured a broth of water, vinegar, and dissolved sugar on top of them to fill the jars.  I had previously boiled the broth on the stove.  Then I put all the sealed jars into a large pan of boiling water until the insides of the jars boiled.  I pulled them out to cool.  I have found that it takes about six months for the peppers to soak up the juice and become a sweet-hot.  

I shall use the jalapenos on everything from chili to open-faced salami sandwiches.  The pepperoncinis will be used for Italian goose.  The banana peppers will be grilled in barbecue sauce and eaten with deer or steaks.  Looking forward to it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks