Nebraska Phesant = Yummy

I took a single pheasant that we were fortunate enough to harvest last October in Nebraska and cooked him up for dinner.  How do I know it's a male?  Because you are only allowed to kill the male birds - the females get to live and continue to populate the species.

So, said rooster went into the pan with some butter and Teriyaki sauce until just starting to brown.  Then he was covered with apple juice to about the mid-way point.  Once boiling, I reduced the heat and stirred in some Duluth Trading 'Tongues A Blazin' jalapeno sauce and a dash of brown sugar.  I was going for the sweet-hot flavor.  I let this concoction simmer while I cooked the wild rice.

How do I convince you that this was a wild bird and not some pen-raised copy?  Well, while I was cutting it to put over the wild rice, I found one of the steel pellets used in the dispatch of said wild bird.  The pellet is small and steel.  The red arrow in the picture is pointing at the pellet.  Zoom in if you must to see it - but it's there.

This also indicates that this is not one of the birds that I shot.  It musta been RePhil's, Krueger's, or Davey's.  Wait, Davey didn't shoot any this past year.  How do I know it's not one of the several birds I dispatched?  Well, clearly I shoot all my quarry in the head!  Yes, I'm THAT good...

Anyway, as you can see, I sliced him up and served him over the wild rice.  Quite the meal.  Highly recommend.  5 Stars.  Gave myself an awesome Yelp review. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks