Car Concierge

I bought a new car - well, new to me.  It came with 5,300 miles on it.  But I don't want to talk about the new ride, but instead about how I got it.  For those that don't know, it's a 2014 Dodge Charger SRT8.  Black.  Here's a quick video (13 seconds) if you must see it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1CwDJj95TQ&feature=youtu.be

I started looking last October 2014.  I checked the local dealerships.  Seems the SRT8 is not something that local dealers have in stock, nor did they think they would get any.  I do have a guy here in Lafayette from whom I have purchased my last four vehicles - Bill Draper at Mike Raisor Ford.  Great guy and easy to buy from.  I walk in, tell him what I want.  He completes all the paperwork and I get a new ride in under an hour.  Painless.  I had Bill check the auctions.  Nothing came across for 4 months that met my specifications.

Next step - internet.  I checked eBay and Auto Trader.  While cruising the AT adds, I came across a nice SRT8 that I called on.  The sales manager said it would go quickly, but we were on our way to Cancun, so I was unwilling to act.  When I returned, it had indeed been sold.  However, this dealership (Pure Pursuit Automotive) had a concierge service that piqued my curiosity.  I gave it a try.

If you have ever wanted a vehicle that was not available on a local lot, you should consider this as an easy alternative.  Here's how it went:

I gave a list of specifications to the dealer (year, make, model, price, miles, options, color, etc).
The dealer sent me a Docusign (TM) contract.  I edited the document to my liking and signed it.  In this document, you are agreeing to a maximum price - the vehicle will not exceed that limit.
I paid a $500 deposit that is either refundable or applies to the purchase price.
The dealer has 30 days to find my specific vehicle or the contract expires, and the deposit returned.
Other vehicles were available that did not meet my requirements.  The dealer checked to ensure what was negotiable and what was not.
On day 28, they found exactly what I was looking for and sent the above video.
I supplied my personal information and got financing through a local bank.
Again we used Docusign to complete all the necessary paperwork.
Money was transferred electronically.
All paperwork was mailed to me, and arrived promptly.
Three days later, the car was delivered to my door.  Get that?  Delivered to my door!

A few emails and a few Docusign signatures later, my new SRT8 sits in my driveway.  I didn't have to leave the house to buy a car.  Thanks Al Gore for inventing the internet!

Some things to consider if you are leery about buying from the 'net.  You can hire an independent inspector to check out the vehicle.  This costs anywhere from $200 - $500.  However it may be worth it if you are spending thousands and don't want to get rooked.  Also, you can buy from a reputable dealership, not John Smith @ Yahoo.com who has a Mexico IP address.  Another option is to fly in, inspect the car yourself, and drive it home.  I did not choose this option.

What I liked about Pure Pursuit Automotive:  easy to work with; called weekly to update me on progress; painless buying process; met all my requirements; and delivered my new car to my door step.  I chose to forego the independent inspection and feel I saved that money.

I had an excellent experience with Pure Pursuit Automotive.  I am willing to buy another vehicle from them.  That's about as good as an endorsement as I can give.  In the market for a niche vehicle?  Give Pure Pursuit a chance to find you exactly what you're after and deliver it to your door.  Next on my list is an H1 Hummer.....go me!

Pure Pursuit Automotive
purepursuitauto.com
816-659-3027

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks