Christmas Break = New Sink

What started out as a trip to the hardware store for a new spray hose nozzle turned into a $700 remodel of the kitchen.  As hunting season has now ended, I had time to perform the duties, so we went for it.

Of course, nothing is an EXACT replacement.  I had to cut a larger hole for our new sink and replumb.  It took me 8.5 hours and 2 trips to the hardware store for more supplies.

The end result is nice and most importantly, Mama is happy.

Old sink is out.  Photo prior to cutting a larger hole.

New sink installed and being used.

Funny story.  I disconnected the garbage disposal and left it in the corner, so I did not have to rewire it.  I called son-in-law Alex in to help me reconnect it.  As I picked it up to hold, I tipped the drain toward me.  All the sludge that was still in there came running out and hit me directly on the top lip.  Garbage disposal water went up my nose and into my mouth.  I was spitting and sputtering.  Poor Alex had to use his T-shirt to wipe away the tears.  Tears of sadness and pity...I'm sure....

Comments

  1. Only you, man ... only you! Made me laugh out loud at the thought of you snorting slimy muck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sink looks great! I really like the color, as it stands out from that kitchentop. It looked like a lot of work for you, but I can see the effort was all worth it. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Craig. Have a great day!


    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! That’s quite a nasty encounter with the garbage disposal drain, but at least Alex sympathized with you through tears of sadness and pity. Anyway, I love the sink you’ve installed, it looks quite elegant. Thanks for sharing this, Craig. Keep away from those drains! Haha!


    Traci Romero @ Harris Plumbing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks