Mt. Bike Journey

Well if Covid-19 has taught me anything it's that 30 years of sitting behind a desk has caused me to get into shape - if you consider Round a shape...

With help from fellow biker and friend Michael, I have taken up mountain biking as a new hobby.

This past Saturday, we drove about an hour over to Danville, IL to ride Kickapoo State Park.  The bike trails there are set up really well.  We will be going back over there, but not this week-end.  They have an endurance race this week-end where riders will log 3 - 5 laps (LAPS) of the entire 17 mile course.  Nope.  Not me.  I had no "go" left after about 10.5 miles.

Locally, we have also ridden Hoffman, the Amphitheater, and the Wabash Heritage Trail.  I'm getting better, but still have a long way to go.  At least I'm doing more than just sitting behind a keyboard now...

We rode trails 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10.
I blew out a bead on my rear tire and crashed into a creek.
Yep, we had a great time. 
That "saw" at the top - those were 3 very long climbs!
That giant arc on the left that looks like a poor letter 'C' - 
that's the relatively flat Haul Road that takes you back to the truck (and cooler)!

From the left:  Michael, Brad, and Me.
This picture was taken about 3 minutes before I blew out a tire.
Yes it was chilly Saturday morning - like 42 degrees F (5.5 C)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks