Will & Papaw Day

I picked up Will a little after 11 am.  We drove into Frankfort and through the John Deere dealership to see the Big Tractors and the Baby Tractors.  All the way in we played "hiding."  He covers his eyes and says, "Meese hiding, Papaw."  I have to pretend to look all over the car for him - Grandma's seat, Sissy's seat, before finding him.  "Meese more hiding, Papaw" all the way in to town.  Then off to Taco Bell for lunch.

I had three tacos and Will had a cheese roll-up.  Will saw me putting hot sauce on my tacos, so he naturally wanted some.  None of mine, I suggested.  Instead I got him some ketchup.  He ate his entire roll-up and then asked for more.  I bought another one - of which he ate two bites and then started just eating ketchup.  Oh well, tomatoes are classified as a fruit!



We left Taco Bell and headed over to Rural King to view the Peep-Peeps (baby chickens, ducks, and turkeys).  Even before we got inside, Will saw a "Gator" outside.  We had to get in and "drive."  Sadly it had been raining and Papaw's jeans got wet from the water on and in the seat.  Once inside, Will followed the yellow "bird feet" stickers to the peep-peeps.  He ran around and viewed them all TWICE - laughing, yelling, giggling and telling Papaw to "Look!"  He then wanted to sit on a lawnmower which we did.

I told him it was time to go take Grandma lunch (she was working).  On the way out, he saw the candy aisle.  He wanted a Blue Sucker more than he wanted Grandma to have food.  Minor melt-down.  We drove through the Milky Way and got Grandma some lunch.  We delivered it to "Grandma's Work."  He got to visit with the entire Pharmacy Staff and then he and Grandma RAN to the candy aisle where he finally got his Big Blue Sucker.

On the way out we had to walk past the carts designed with a car underneath for kids to "drive."  We tested them all out and then drove back to see Grandma again.  And guess what, he did not want to leave again.  Major melt-down this time.  Oh well, he's 2 and he's tired.

Safety First!  Will puts on his (Meese) seatbelt.

Will driving one of the carts (picture taken thru another cart).
At least CVS is smart enough to have more than ONE of these available.

 I finally get the poor kid buckled in the car with his Big Blue Sucker!  We drive out of town, looking at the balloons in the car dealership lot.

He wants to say "Hi" to the tractors again, but I told him to wave as we went by.  His little voice is getting weak.  I turn around to check on him when I pull up to a stop sign at the Mulberry-Jeff blacktop.  He's out.

I'm not sure which one of us had a better time, but I can darn sure tell you that I enjoyed the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks