New Year's Coyote Hunting

My wife will attest that my hunting clothes have found an almost permanent home on the cedar chest in our bedroom.  They've been there since at least 01 OCT.  Today, I put those up that were already clean, but I kept a few out to go coyote hunting today.

I drove the Gator N to the curve and parked at 4 pm.  It was 40 degrees F with a slight breeze from the East - odd, but yes, from the East.  I sat down in the fence row W of Katzman's woods and called.  I saw nothing but birds.  It was a nice evening.  Sure was relaxing.  All that walking showed me that I am not yet over my cold - I still do not have all my energy back.

I carried my .243 in hopes of getting the taste of blood into her veins.  It was not to be.  Oh well, shall try again tomorrow.

Sitting in the fence row - facing S, awaiting coy dogs that never showed up.

The sun going down on the first day of the year, Sunday 01 JAN 2017.


Sure was a pretty evening to be out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Winchester SX3 / SX4 Shotguns

Winchester SX4 Trigger Assembly Update

Determine Sex of Deer from Tracks